Stav there is no proof, just unproven hypotheses. When I wrote my PhD
dissertation I was able to support my hypothesis with an extensive
mathematical induction proof....then I wrote a simulation model which
showed that in practice you always got the result the mathematics
predicted. That’s proof.
What we have in Climate Change is a raft of empirical observations
connected by some low brow mathematics. It can’t be proven
mathematically and the empirical results undercut the theory, they show
the models are too aggressive.
Oh for the love of monkeys, no proof. I'm not going to dignify that with an answer, google is indeed your friend.
Rooinek I see what you mean about self-important. Science supported by NASA is underpinned by low brow mathematics, yes I'm sure all NASA's mathematicians are crap what would they need to know about maps, no instead we should all bow and worship at the altar of Mozarts PhD.
So we keep getting new supporting evidence.....rivers are drying up,
glaciers are melting, polar bears are dying, hell the Gulf Stream might
reverse......all nonsense. All seen to be needed because there is no
proof. That failure is also why any ‘denier’ or ‘agnostic’ is attacked
with Inquisition like fervor.
Inquisition like fervor? Ah yes another defense mechanics from climate skeptics, the persecution complex. Correcting armchair climate skeptics errors, junk science, lack of understanding of scientific processes and in some cases outright lies is in no ways persecution. Its like a student who didn't study fails an exam then claims a teacher is picking on him for failing him.
Science is supposed to be skeptical, to challenge ideas and findings.
Which is the cycle that makes ideas stronger. In the process many ideas
are discarded as wrong......Einstein’s ‘cosmological constant’ for
example, a huge blunder by one of the greatest minds in history.
We can agree on this, just you need to apply that skepticism equally to your side of the argument.
Religion by contrast is a state of belief....without any attempt to
challenge or verify those beliefs. What I see among so many of the
Climate Change acolytes is a religious state of belief, which has no
place in science.
Something about a dead horse and flogging it here.
In the meantime the goal posts shift forward in time .....Gore’s 12
years to save the planet become Cortez’s new 12 years to save the
planet. Nobody audits the rubbish that has gone before.
They are politicians and just like your they are not climate scientists. Them being wrong doesn't undermine actual climate science.
So sonny when you tell your elders they have no right to comment on
something, do make sure that you have that right first. And by the way
‘your’ is not the abbreviation for ‘you are’, Google it!
I guess your proof that age doesn't necessarily lead to wisdom.
But thank you for clarifying your and you are, I have habit of getting them mixed up. I stand corrected and will try to remember.
@DbDraad
"Regardless of the evidence they can't admit to being wrong"
If your directing that at me, can you clarify what I got wrong?