It does seem to be a problem for us to find a competitive groove being part of both Comps.
I'm not seeing the problem either. I don't see it being a case that South African teams can't compete in the Champions Cup, its just going take a bit of time for South African teams to learn how to best balance the demands of competing in the two tournaments at the same time.
I think on paper the full strength South African teams can be competitive with anyone (maybe the Lions a little less so) but I don't think they are as stocked in depth as some of the northern hemisphere teams. The Sharks though I reckon are the only team team from South Africa with a realistic chance of winning the Champions Cup.
I think champions Cup might be better and more Competitive because of the French teams to?
It is the best club rugby tournament in the world, though its not as good as it use to be because of format changes. The URC with the inclusion of the South African teams has become a fine tournament in its own right.
So we were not equals in SR and yet again not equals in NH…surely SA teams after WC glory should be in high demand?
What do you mean not equals. You're not shareholders in the URC or EPCR something that will change from next season. But that's the standard joining process that the like's of the Italians had to go through as well.
The Irish, Scots and Italian's have no issues with South Africa's teams competing in either. They think its great. The Welsh less so but they have been moaning about competing in the URC and its predecessor tournaments for years. Yes reaction in France and the UK has generally less receptive on the grounds of tradition and the long distance travel evolved but I think they will come round if the South African teams are competitive.
All I do know is, we can’t be losing Games with those kind of scores… that’s Embarrassing!
It doesn't help perceptions, but other teams outside of South Africa do it as well. Back in 2022, Montpellier sent over the academy team to Leinster and got trashed 89-7.