PLPlum
Captain21,007 posts
10 Dec 2024, 20:25#49
DA
I'm gonna bring a chicken and katana to your house.
By the end of the day one of us will be leaving with the nickname "Wise Samurai".
SASaffolk
Captain30,741 posts
SASaffolk Captain30,741 posts
10 Dec 2024, 21:22#52
I somehow doubt my Shangaan troops delved into the details as to how Rambo made his kills
That cow was miles away thank goodness as I’m not one for killing animals for sport as so many of my mates back home are
SASaffolk
Captain30,741 posts
SASaffolk Captain30,741 posts
10 Dec 2024, 21:29#54
Another thing we did was fished with grenades
SASaffolk
Captain30,741 posts
SASaffolk Captain30,741 posts
10 Dec 2024, 21:35#56
Grenade in a shallow river has an amazing strike rate
10 Dec 2024, 22:25#58
“ That cow was miles away“
So 1 mile is 1609 m. And miles means more than 2. So your shot was taken more than 2 kilometres away.
To take that shot accurately, you need at-least a 338 Cal. or a 50 cal rifle.
You also need a bigger than 6-24x72 Hensoldt Tactical Long Distance Scope.
Preferably with a multicoated 72mm objective lens, our Spotting Scopes offer a bright, wide field of view (131-66ft/1000yards) and are fogproof, ensuring reliable performance in all weather conditions.
It is possible if you had the right shooting equipment and also taking in consideration the weather conditions.
SASaffolk
Captain30,741 posts
SASaffolk Captain30,741 posts
10 Dec 2024, 22:50#59
Miles is not literal dumbass for fuck sake
I have no idea the distance - the cow was finger nail size in my sites
The rifle - a R4
10 Dec 2024, 22:59#60
The R4 is a assault rifle with a rate of fire of 650 RPM.
Cal. 5.56 x 45mm NATO. It’s effective shooting range is 450m.
10 Dec 2024, 23:34#63
Becs i am really sorry to hear that you have health issues…. I hope you feel better soon and someday return to normal.
SASaffolk
Captain30,741 posts
SASaffolk Captain30,741 posts
10 Dec 2024, 23:47#64
Blob if I had been stoned there is a good chance I would have ended up shooting one of my troops in the vicinity of that cow
10 Dec 2024, 23:58#67
Maybe When your African Rambo comes back from visiting South Africa, he can bring you a African Grey parrot with?
This might sound silly, but never give up hope becs….
Any case when I hear what you have to go thru, most of us has absolutely nothing to complain about.
I would like to commend you on your mental strength, it’s admirable:)
11 Dec 2024, 00:38#69
That is good becs :) imagine having a Lion or a Cheetah….
If you had a big yard and the Big Cat can move freely inside and outside?
Didn’t you have a African Serval? And the Cat thought you were his girlfriend?
What about a Bengal Cat? They beautiful and very loyal companions. I would love one.
Or maybe a Maine Coon?
11 Dec 2024, 00:45#71
Oh ok :) then maybe just a another normal rescue kitty?
How is the one doing that was so skittish?
11 Dec 2024, 01:42#73
Nice:) and the decorations can be very distracting…
11 Dec 2024, 08:49#75
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Becs :) and I know the Kitty will love it :)